Hang En Cave Adventure 2days
Come and explore Hang En Cave, located within the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, and spend one night in its massive chamber below thousands of darting swifts
Hang En Cave is probably the world’s 3rd largest cave and is quickly becoming one of the must-see natural wonders in Vietnam. Its size will blow you away, and our campsite located within the cave beside a lazy river, will leave you speechless. You’ll examine fascinating fossils in one part of the cave over 300 million year old, and around every corner be subjected to the most picturesque views.
A stop in the ethnic minority Ban Doong Village, set amongst the limestone mountains is a highlight for many, not to mention the pristine jungle, many river crossings, and jovial porter team, made up of local jungle men!
We provide the very best adventure experiences with every aspect of the trip carefully planned including delicious meals, the highest safety standards, and friendly and informative adventure guides.
Hang En is one of our famous caves that has been featured within National Geographic, The New York Times, Lonely Planet, Dailymail UK and recently on Good Morning America, in front of over 6 million audience members, as well as in Pan (2015), a newly-released blockbuster film distributed by Warner Bros. Entertainment (Hollywood).
Come and find out what makes Hang En so popular and amazing as many have said.
- Operating: from mid Dec to Aug (closed from Sep to late-Dec)
- Duration: 2 days / 1 night
- Adventure Level: Moderate (22 km) for physically active guests
- Availability: Regular Departures (check availability in calendar)
- Small Group Tours: average 10 – 16 pax (required minimum 2 pax)
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Tour Starts: 8:00 am – 8:30 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha.
- Tour Ends: 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm at any local hotel in Phong Nha.
Hang En Cave Adventure
Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease.
- 20km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- Multiple river crossings: 30 times (knee deep, 10-50m wide river)
- Elevation change up to 400m (between road and valleys)
- 3 km caving
- 2 days and 1 night in jungle and caves
- Requirements: Trekking experience & must be able to walk 10km in one day
We Will Provide
- Camping gear: tent, camp light, sleeping bag
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, gloves
- Semi dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics) for inside your backpack
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: picnic lunches, breakfast (day 2), dinner (day 1)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters), and water bottle.
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek.
You Will Need
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 1 medium size towel
- 1 -2 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Medium size backpack (25L) for your water bottle, personal belongings and provided caving helmet
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
Pricing And Availability
Our Hang En Cave Adventure is available with weekly departures on a join-in basis (minimum 2pax). It is advised to book in advance as this is a very popular tour and we are strictly limited to 16 guests per departure.
This tour is operated from mid-December to August (closed from September to mid-December).
Day1: Phong Nha - Ban Doong Village - Hang En
Start your ultimate adventure with a pickup from your hotel in Phong Nha between 8:00 am and 8:30 am and a short transfer to TLV Headquarters.
Learn all about safety and collect your gear before driving 45mins through the National Park to reach the trailhead.
A steep jungle hill starts the journey, with a refreshing river at the bottom. Hike through rich jungle to reach the Ban Doong minority village, where a hot cup of tea welcomes you.
Lunch takes place shortly after near the river, and then it’s back into the jungle, through river streams, and across the river valley until Hang En lays on the horizon.
Enter the cave around 3 pm, and enjoy your afternoon swimming, before a sizzling BBQ dinner is served, complete with rice wine and beautiful flocks of swifts overhead.
Day2: Hang En - Ban Doong Village - Phong Nha
Awake for breakfast early and explore the breathtaking exit, and then trek through the dry passage to the viewpoint high above camp, where 300 million year old fossils can be witnessed.
In the late morning, trek back through the mountainous river valley, through jungle and across streams, until reaching Doong Village again.
Enjoy a picnic lunch by the stream and then prepare for the biggest challenge ahead, climbing the treacherous hill up to the Ho Chi Minh Road.
Watch out for leeches and push ahead to the road, where cold drinks are waiting. Return by vehicle to Phong Nha by 5:00 pm.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.