Wild Tu Lan Cave Explorer 3days
This adventure tour offers the perfect balance between trekking, caving, climbing, squeezing and swimming, combined with enough time to enjoy two spectacular campsites over three-days and two-nights!
Our three-day trekking and caving adventure includes the very best wild caves of the region including Ken Cave, Kim Cave, Secret Cave, Hung Ton Cave and Tu Lan Cave! It is a more in challenging experience compared to our Tu Lan Cave Encounter (2 days), as you’ll see more of the caves and go much further into the jungle
It is a more in challenging experience compared to our Tu Lan Cave Encounter (2 days), as you’ll see more of the caves and go much further into the jungle!
Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime and one of the most talked about adventure experiences in Vietnam!
- Operating: from Dec to Sep (closed from Oct to Nov)
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
- Adventure Level: Moderate (18 km) for physically active guests (swimming is necessary)
- Availability: Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Small Group Tours: Average 4 pax – 10 pax
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Tour Starts: 7:30 am – 8:00 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha
- Tour Ends: 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm at any local hotel in Phong Nha
Wild Tu Lan Cave Explorer
Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease.
- 17km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- Elevation change up to 150m (between valley and top of mountain)
- 1 km swimming in caves (from 200m – 500m each cave)
- 4 km caving
- 3 days and 2 nights in jungle and caves
- Basic trekking experience
- Must be able to swim
We Will Provide
- Camping gear: hammock/tent, camp light, sleeping bag
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
- Semi dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics) for inside the (light PVC) backpack
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: picnic lunches, breakfast (day 2 & 3), dinner (day 1 & 2)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters), and water bottle
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
You Will Need
- 2 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite and swim suit.
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 1 medium size towel
- 2-3 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
Pricing And Availability
Our Wild Tu Lan Cave Explorer is available with weekly departures on Monday, Wednesday & Friday, on a join-in basis (minimum 2pax). It is advised to book in advance as this is a popular tour and the number of guest is limited.
This tour is operated from November to mid-September (closed from mid-September to the first week of November).
Phong Nha - Tan Hoa - Tu Lan
You will be picked up in Phong Nha between 7:30 am and 8:00 am at your hotel and driven to the little village of Tan Hoa for your initial safety briefing.
You’ll then set off across sweeping fields for 2.5 km to the Rao Nan River, making your way up to the short hill into Rat Cave.
Explore 300m in Rat Cave with spectacular calcite stalagmites, then make your way back out for a picnic lunch served next to the river in La Ken Valley.
You’ll then climb 150 m increasing in elevation up Lom Com Mountain. Keep going through Flat Rock Peak and make your way to Mango Peak on Mango Mountain. After a quick break, the trek continues down into Tu Lan Valley (2 km).
You’ll finish your afternoon on a more relaxed note with swimming around the waterfall, followed by a BBQ dinner, and singing around the campfire until sleep overcomes you.
Ken Cave – Tu Lan – Hang Kim – To Mo
The morning arrives with another full day of adventure. Shortly following breakfast comes a swim directly into Ken Cave.
After exploring this longest cave in Tu Lan Cave System, you will return back to camp for more waterfall swimming, a rest, and picnic lunch.
Post-lunch, it’s a 200 m swim into Tu Lan Cave, followed by a 1.5 km trek to Hang Kim where swimming (450 m) and exploration (500 m) continues before adventuring 500 m on through To Mo Valley to the To Mo Cave campsite.
Enjoy another beautifully prepared dinner, and camping within graceful To Mo Valley.
To Mo - Tan Hoa - Phong Nha
The last day continues to exude more adventure with breakfast and then a morning swim 100 m upstream past the waterfall and through Hung Ton Cave via what is usually the exit of the cave.
Investigation of the dry passage leads to a 15 m ladder climb up to the entrance of Hung Ton.
After trekking across Hung Ton Valley, you will squeeze your way in to Secret Cave and discover the most untouched cave in Tu Lan Cave System.
Early afternoon holds the return trip across Rao Nan River, the beautiful fields, and back to Tan Hoa (2.5 km), where a cold drink will be calling your name.
Showers are available for those who would like to clean up and change. The tour returns to Phong Nha by 5:30 pm.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.