Fansipan Vietnam Climbing Cat Cat Route 4days
At 3143m Mt. Fansipan is the highest peak in Vietnam and the entire Indochina peninsula. This remote trek provides plenty to see and absorb, from the scattered rocks inscribed with drawings and designs of unknown origin, to the French influenced hill retreat town of Sapa with its minority groups, beautiful villas and cherry forests. As we ascend through the lower reaches of Fansipan, we will pass terraced rice paddies and villages of the H’mong, one of Vietnam’s many ethnic minorities. Giant, centuries old pine trees and expanses of yellow bamboo mark the higher reaches of our climb and we may sight mountain goats and langur monkeys along the way. Our trek to the top of Mt. Fansipan is challenging and will be fully supported every step of the way by our guides, porters and cooks who’s local knowledge and understanding of the different hill-tribe cultures we pass along the way will add to the uniqueness of this exhilarating journey.
• English or French speaking guide
• Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Train ticket (Hanoi – Laocai -Hanoi)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Tents if needed
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above.
We have a range of trekking tours available for you to choose from that have been specifically designed to enable you to experience some of the very best landscape and scenery that Vietnam has to offer. During the treks you will have the opportunity to sleep under the stars in a tent or in a local family house.
Most of our treks start with a jeep ride to take us out of town to where the real adventure starts. Your English speaking, Vietnamese guide will be able to answer questions about the countryside as well as local ethnic minority cultures and customs. During the treks you will only have to carry a small daypack with your personal belongings and of course your camera. Porters from the Black H’Mong ethnic minority hill tribe will carry the rest of your luggage in special watertight bags.
Note: It is dangerous to visitors those having high blood pressure or other heart sickness!
Night 1: Hanoi – Laocai. Overnight train.
You will be met up at your hotel in Hanoi by TLV Tours team and transferred to Hanoi Railway
Fansipan Vietnam Climbing Tour follow Cat Cat Route
Station.Take the night train to Laocai. Train ??? Departure at ???. Overnight on the train.Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day 1: Sapa – Cat Cat – 2900m camp-site (-; L; D)
– Group meeting for regional information and tour briefing at 08.30.
– Leaving Sapa at 09.00 for a road walk downhill for an hour to Cat Cat Village of the H’mong at the foot of Fansipan.
– Cross the river and trek along a trail for almost the whole morning through rain forest up and down hill to 2200m peak. Lunch break for an hour.
– Afternoon trek gets tougher as the trail winds its way on steep mountain sides through bamboo forest. The plantation changes a lot as the trail reaches to higher elevation.
– Arrive to the camp-site at 2900m peak in late afternoon. Relax and free to explore the wild surrounding.
Day summary: Trekking about 6 to 7 hours, grade 5 of 5 // Camping.
Day 2: Mount 2900m – Fansipan Peak – 2200m camp-site (B; L; D)
– Breakfast and leave the camp-site at 08.00. The trek gets though bamboo forest and flat land of grass for an hour and then getting up very steep mountain side for nearly 1,5 hour to reach to the Peak!
Congratulation! You have conquered the roof on Indo-China at the height of 3143m. In a nice day, great view of a vast region westwards to Lai Chau, eastwards to Lao Cai…even further to China and Dien Bien Phu are all in your sight and under your feet.
– The way back is easier and it takes only 1,5 hour back to the 2,99m camp-site for lunch.
– Leaving the campsite at 2.00 pm along the same trail back for 3 hours and arrive at the 2,200m camp-site at about 5.00 pm.
– Relax and free to explore the wild surrounding nature.
Day summary: Trekking about 6 to hours, grade 5 of 5 // Camping.
Day 3: Camp-site 2,200m – Sin Chai Village – Sapa (B; L; -)
– Breakfast and leave the camp-site at 08.00. The trek gets mostly downhill for 1 hour and then turn left to a narrower trail getting through thick primitive forest for 2 hours. Arriving to the upstream of the Muong Hoa River at noon. Lunch break.
– Afternoon trek last for nearly 2 hours downhill passing through several isolated hamlets of the H’mong. Arriving to Sin Chai at about 3.00 pm.
– Picked up for a short road transfer uphill to Sapa. Transfer to Lao Cai station, having dinner here before boarding the night train for Hanoi.
Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day summary: Trekking about 5 hours, grade 4 of 5 // Transfer: 6 km.
Day 4: Arrival back to Hanoi
Arrival back to Hanoi early in the morning at about 05.00. Transfer from Hanoi Railway station to your hotel will be arranged by yourself..
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.