Ha Giang Remote Northeast Trekking Tour 8days
Hanoi – Quang Binh – Tan Nam – Phieng Lang – Pa Duc – Quant Thuong – Nam Choong – Quang Nguyen – Coc Cang – Coc Dong – Coc Re – Coc Pai – Bac Ha – Coc Ly – Lao Cai – Hanoi
Magnificent, beautiful landscapes, wild nature of an untouched region of Quang Binh and Xin Man Districts, Ha Giang Province in the far north. Discovery and experiencing of local tribal ethnics’ unique cultures and ways of life. Highlight: Quang Binh – Xin Man – Bac Ha.
• English or French speaking guide
• Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Tents if needed
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above.
Day 1: Hanoi – Quang Binh ( -; L; D)
– Departure from Hanoi at 08.00 am. Full day transfer 295 km to Quang Binh Town let via Viet Tri, Tuyen Quang and Vinh Tuy.
– At Vinh Tuy, turn to provincial road for 55 km to Quang Binh with several stops to visit villages of the Tay ethnic.
– Arrive to Quang Binh Town let at about 5.00 pm. Free walk to see this new town let.
Day summary: Transfer: 295 km, approx. 6 hours // Some short walks // Local guest house.
Day 2: Quang Binh – Tan Nam (B; L; D)
– Breakfast, check out hotel and departure at 08.30 am. Transfer 15 minutes to starting point of the trekking trail. Take an easy walk through valley and terraced rice paddies for over 2 hours to a village of Pa Then ethnic peoples. Explore the village and then lunch break.
– After noon trek takes nearly 4 hours up and down hill through plantation, rice paddies, especially the palm forest of hilly land of the Tan Nam Commune. Passing some hamlets of the Black Zao and larger villages of the hospitable Nung ethnic peoples.
– Arrive to the center of Tan Nam at about 5.00 pm, walk around this beautiful village. Dinner & home stay in a house of the Nung.
Day summary: Transfer: 5 km // Trekking 6 hours, approx. 17 km, grade 2 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 3: Tan Nam – Phieng Lang (B; L; D)
– Departure at 08.30 am after breakfast at home-stay. The trek today is easy on large village path which connect village to villages of the Zao Ao Dai(Zao with long dress), Tay and Nung ethnic peoples, all beautifully set along the Nam Ly River. Paying visiting to many local homes along the way and every where peoples treat visitors with their hospitality.
– The trek in the afternoon gets up hill slightly and gradually to Phieng Lang. This region is inhabited mostly by the Zao Ao Dai peoples and several Flower H’mong who traditionally and practically build their homes on hill tops and cultivate the surrounding land to create perfect dwelling. Arrive to Phieng Lang in mid afternoon. Take a leisure walk to explore the surrounding nature. Dinner and home stay in a stilt house of the Zao.
Day summary: Trekking 6 hours, approx. 17 km, grade 2 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 4: Phieng Lang – Pa Duc – Quant Thuong – Nam Choong (B; L; D)
– Breakfast and leave Phieng Lang at about 08.30 am. Enjoy another day along the beautiful Nam Ly Valley. Take a good trail which winds up and down on high hill sides gradually uphill for the whole morning via Pa Duc village to Quang Thuong. Very different from the Nung and Tay, who live in large villages at low land, the H’mong and the Zao Ao Dai occupy the higher land and built their houses scattering on hill-tops. This portion offers one of the most beautiful in the far north.
– Lunch break and then descending along a narrow trail passing through tea farms and steep terraced paddies for 2 hours to Nam Chong Village of the Zao Ao Dai. Explore the village and settle down in a local home by the hot spring for dinner and overnight.
Day summary: Trekking 5 hours, approx. 14 km, grade 2 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 5: Nam Chong – Quang Nguyen – Coc Cang – Coc Dong (B; L; D)
– Departure at 08.30 am. Trek along a narrow trail along the Nam Ly River for an hour to the center of Quang Nguyen Commune. Then turn to a tough trail up steep hill for 2 hours through Quang Vinh Village passing villages of the Nung at the low land and Red Zao and Zao Ao Dai on the higher land.
– Lunch break and be ready for the most challenging part of the tour: Get over the Nhin Co San mountain. The trail become narrow and very tough at some part uphill through the thick rain forest and later bamboo forest for nearly 3 to Coc Cang Village of Che La Commune.
– Continue along the same trail for 1,5 hours passing some hamlets of the White H’mong to Coc Dong Village of the NUng peoples. Dinner and home stay here.
Day summary: Trekking 6 to 7 hours, approx. 17 km, grade 4 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 6: Coc Dong – Coc Re – Coc Pai (B; L; D)
– It is an excellent day today! Leaving Coc Dong for nearly hours uphill along a trail sneaking amidst high mountains, passing several hamlets of the Flower H’mong, who always occupy the highest elevation. Arrive to Coc Re at noon and enjoy lunch break in a local restaurant after hanging around the Coc Re market place for having local breath.
– Descending for the whole afternoon passing through some narrow valley with marvelous terraced paddies, newly planted forest to Coc Pai, the town let of Xin Man District.
– Check in the Gia Long hotel and enjoy free time to see interesting activities around the Xin Man Market in late afternoon.
Day summary: Trekking 6 hours, approx. 17 km, grade 3 of 5 // Hotel in Xin Man.
Day 7: Coc Pai – Bac Ha (B; L; D)
Breakfast and enjoy a leisure walk around Coc Pai for busy morning life before transfer by road for 2, 5 hour to Bac Ha Town let. Arriving to Bac Ha at noon, check in the Sao Mai hotel and lunch break.
– After noon is highlighted with 2 hours walk to explore the famus Ban Pho Valley which is home to the Flower H’mong and Tay ethnic. Paying visiting to local homes and enjoy watching peoples making the well-known spirit from corn as well as a traditional dance with the Khen – a traditional musical instrument composed by 6 bamboo pipes.
Day summary: Transfer: 65 km // Trekking 2 hours, approx. 7 km, grade 2 of 5 // Hotel: Sao Mai.
Day 8: Bac Ha – Coc Ly – Lao Cai – Train to Hanoi (B; L; -)
– Today is the last day of the trip and it is an easy day. Breakfast and leave home stay at 08.30 am.
Transfer 9 km to Nam Mon Commune and trekking from here along a narrow trail uphill for ½ hour and then downhill to the bottom of the valley, then trek along a narrow stream about 2 hour to Trung Do Village of the Tay which consisted of about 40 houses built on stilts on the bank of the Chay River which is beautifully set in harmony with the surrounding nature. Enjoy a leisure walk to explore this prosperous village before lunch in a local home.
– Leaving Trung Do and walk along the Chay River for over an hour to pay visiting to some hamlets of the Black Zao and H’mong of the Cac Cop Village and from here takes the boat trip down stream the Chay River to Bao Nhai Commune.
– Picked up at the end of the boat trip and transfer to Lao Cai. Freshen up and dinner before boarding the night train for Hanoi.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.