Sapa Hiking in Hoang Lien National Park Discovery 6days
Hanoi – Laocai – Sapa – Tram Ton – Sin Chai – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Hang Chai – Seo Mi Ty – Den Thang – Ta Trung Ho – Nam Toong – Thanh Phu Bridge – Sapa
Highlights Spectacular landscapes and wild nature of Hoang Lien National Park and Muong Hoa Valley. Unique culture, custom and way of living of the Black H’mong, Red Zao and Tay ethnic groups. Experiencing part of local life by 4 nights home stay.
• English or French speaking guide
• Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Train ticket (Hanoi – Laocai -Hanoi)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Tents if needed
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above.
Night 1: Hanoi – Laocai. Overnight train.
You will be met up at your hotel in Hanoi by TLV Tours team and transferred to Hanoi Railway Station.Take the night train to Laocai. Train ??? Departure at ???. Overnight on the train.Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day 1: Sapa – Tram Ton – Sin Chai (-; L; D)
– Leaving Sapa at 09.00 am. Transfer 18 km from Sapa to the Tram Ton Pass with a short top at the Silver Waterfall. Walk 15 minutes around the Heaven Gate for magnificent scenery of the other side of Hoang Lien Son range.
– Start trekking from Tram Ton along a narrow trail sneaking on mountain sides through the thick rain forest of the Hoang Lien Nature Reserve mostly downhill for nearly 3 hours, then getting along the upstream part of the Muong Hoa River for the whole afternoon until reaching to Sin Chai Village of the H’mong. Walk around to explore the village, paying visit to local homes as well as getting intact with villagers. Arriving to home-stay at about 5.00 pm.
Tour summary: Transfer: 45 minutes / Trek: 6 hours aprox. 14 km / Grade 4 of 5 /
Day 2: Sin Chai – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho (B ; L; D)
– Breakfast at home stay and departure at 08.30 to 09.00 am. Walk 1 hour along good path to Cat Cat Waterfall. Short rest at this nature wonders and continue up and downhill along the Vang Stream for over 4 hours through part of Hoang Lien National Park covered by thick bamboo and rain forest, passing several isolated hamlets of the Black H’mong.
– Arrive to Y Linh Ho Village in mid afternoon, walk around to explore the village for 1 hour and then settle down for relax at home-stay.
Day summary: Trek: 5 to 6 hours, approx 15 km, grade 3 of 5.
Day 3: Y Linh Ho – Lao Hang Chai – Seo Mi Ty (B ; L; D)
– Breakfast and leaving Y Linh Ho at 09.00. Start trekking from home stay along a large path for an hour to Lao Hang Chai Village of the H’mong, passing several hamlets along the way with traces of the past sifting way of life. Enjoy spectacular scenery of the Muong Hoa Valley.
– The trail becomes narrow and tough uphill through bamboo and then later thick rain the Hoang Lien National Park. Nearly 5 hours trek in the reach nature and some times the trail gets out of the forest to offer stunning panorama of the long and large valley below.
– Arriving in Seo Mi Ty Village located in a charming valley at the height 1567 m above sea level in late afternoon, free time to relax by the stream near the newly built hydraulic power station.
Day summary: Trek: 6 hours aprox. 14 km // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay or camping.
Day 4: Seo Mi Ty – Den Thang – Ta Trung Ho ( B; L; D)
– Leaving Sapa at 08.30 for an hour road ride(24 km) to Seo Mi Ty Village. Enjoy stunning scenery of Hoang Lien mountain range and Muong Hoa Valley including some photo stops along the way.
– Trekking from Seo Mi Ty Valley with an easy walk for 20 minutes and then hard trekking 2 hours along a tougher trail winding downhill through thick rain forest to Den Thang village which isolated itself in a remote valley. Explore this village and then lunch break.
– Leaving this isolated hamlet, the trail continuing along a narrow stream up and downhill through the wildest land of Sapa for about 4 hours to Ta Trung Ho Village of the Red Zao.
– Arriving to home stay at Ta Trung Ho at about 5.00 pm. Explore the village, getting in touch to locals. This is a special occasion to both visitors and locals.
Day summary: Trek: 6 – 7 hours approx. 16 km // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 5: Ta Trung Ho – Nam Toong – Thanh Phu Bridge – Sapa ( B; L; -)
– Breakfast and leaving Ta Trung Ho at 09.00. Trek along a narrow dirt trail which winds its way on steep mountain sides, through narrow sharp passages amidst mountains and forest for the whole morning to Nam Toong, explore this charming village of the Red Zao before lunch break.
– Afternoon trek becomes easier as the path gets larger downhill a large valley to Thanh Phu Commune. Paying visiting to some homes of the Tay ethnic who live in stilt houses and very well at organizing their life.
– Picked up at Thanh Phu Bridge for an hour road transfer back to Sapa. Transfer to Lao Cai station, having dinner here before boarding the night train for Hanoi.
Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day summary: Transfer: 1 hour //Trek: 6 hours, approx. 15 km // Grade 3 of 5 .
Day 6: Arrival back to Hanoi
Arrival back to Hanoi early in the morning at about 05.00. Transfer from Hanoi Railway station to your hotel will be arranged by yourself..
We have a range of trekking tours available for you to choose from that have been specifically designed to enable you to experience some of the very best landscape and scenery that Vietnam has to offer. During the treks you will have the opportunity to sleep under the stars in a tent or in a local family house.
Most of our treks start with a jeep ride to take us out of town to where the real adventure starts. Your English speaking, Vietnamese guide will be able to answer questions about the countryside as well as local ethnic minority cultures and customs. During the treks you will only have to carry a small daypack with your personal belongings and of course your camera. Porters from the Black H’Mong ethnic minority hill tribe will carry the rest of your luggage in special watertight bags.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.