Sapa Trekking from Hoang Lien National Park to Lao Cai 7days
Hanoi – Laocai – Sapa – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Hang Chai – Seo Mi Ty – Den Thang – Ta Trung Ho – Nam Ngan – Nam Sang – Ban Sai – Nam Nhiu – Nam Than – Sin Chai B – Nam Lang A – Nam Lang B – Ta Thang – Lao Cai
Highlights Spectacular landscapes and wild nature of Hoang Lien National Park and Muong Hoa Valley. Unique culture, custom and way of living of the Black H’mong, Red Zao and Tay ethnic groups. Experiencing part of local life by 5 nights home stay. Convenient for groups taking the night train to Ha Noi on day 6
• English or French speaking guide
• Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Train ticket (Hanoi – Laocai -Hanoi)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Tents if needed
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above.
Night 1: Hanoi – Laocai. Overnight train.
You will be met up at your hotel in Hanoi by TLV Tours team and transferred to Hanoi Railway Station.Take the night train to Laocai. Train ??? Departure at ???. Overnight on the train.
Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day 1: Sapa – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho (-; L; D)
– Departure at 08.30 to 09.00 am. Walk from Sapa downhill to Cat Cat along a narrow trail for an hour through fruit gardens and vegetable farms to the southern end of Cat Cat Village. Continue up and downhill along the Vang Stream for over 4 hours through part of Hoang Lien National Park covered by thick bamboo and rain forest, passing several isolated hamlets of the Black H’mong.
– Arrive to Y Linh Ho Village in mid afternoon, walk around to explore the village for 1 hour and then settle down in a local house for home-stay.
Day summary:Trekking 6 hours, approx 16 km, grade 3 of 5/ Lunch on the way, dinner at home stay / Home stay at Y Linh Ho, H’ mong house.
Day 2: Y Linh Ho – Lao Hang Chai – Seo Mi Ty (B ; L; D)
– Breakfast and leaving Y Linh Ho at 09.00. Start trekking from home stay along a large path for an hour to Lao Hang Chai Village of the H’mong, passing several hamlets along the way with traces of the past sifting way of life. Enjoy spectacular scenery of the Muong Hoa Valley.
– The trail becomes narrow and tough uphill through bamboo and then later thick rain the Hoang Lien National Park. Nearly 5 hours trek in the reach nature and some times the trail gets out of the forest to offer stunning panorama of the long and large valley below.
– Arriving in Seo Mi Ty Village located in a charming valley at the height 1567 m above sea level in late afternoon, free time to relax by the stream near the newly built hydraulic power station.
Day summary: Trek: 6 hours aprox. 14 km // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay or camping.
Day 3: Seo Mi Ty – Den Thang – Ta Trung Ho ( B; L; D)
– Leaving Sapa at 08.30 for an hour road ride(24 km) to Seo Mi Ty Village. Enjoy stunning scenery of Hoang Lien mountain range and Muong Hoa Valley including some photo stops along the way.
– Trekking from Seo Mi Ty Valley with an easy walk for 20 minutes and then hard trekking 2 hours along a tougher trail winding downhill through thick rain forest to Den Thang village which isolated itself in a remote valley. Explore this village and then lunch break.
– Leaving this isolated hamlet, the trail continuing along a narrow stream up and downhill through the wildest land of Sapa for about 4 hours to Ta Trung Ho Village of the Red Zao.
– Arriving to home stay at Ta Trung Ho at about 5.00 pm. Explore the village, getting in touch to locals. This is a special occasion to both visitors and locals.
Day summary: Trek: 6 – 7 hours approx. 16 km // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 4: Ta Trung Ho – Nam Ngan – Nam Sang – Ban Sai (B; L; D)
– Breakfast at home stay and leave Ta Trung Ho at 08.30 am. Challenging along a narrow dirt trail sneaking on steep hill sides through narrow & sharp canyon from the height of 950 m up to nearly 1,500m for the whole morning. Lunch break at the top of the mountain in the forest.
– Then following the same trail downhill for 1,5 hour through the forest to Nam Ngan Village of the Red Zao. Walk around to explore this quiet and charming village. Then following larger dirt path 1 hour downhill to Nam Sang Village of the Xa Pho peoples. Paying visiting to local homes here for interesting discovery of the unique way of living. The Xa Pho is a sub group of the Phu La ethnic whose population is just about 4,000 in Vietnam and still live a primary way.
– Walk through Nam Sai Valley for 1.2 hour, and walk around this prosperous village of the Tay before settle for home stay.
Day summary: Trek: 6 hours approx. 16 km // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 5: Ban Sai – Nam Nhiu – Nam Than – Sin Chai B (B; L; D)
– Breakfast and leave Ban Sai at about 09.00 am. Trekking along a large & good path uphill to Nam Nhiu Village of the Red Zao and then continue along a dirt path for 1,5 hour to Nam Than Village of the Red Zao and Black H’mong. This portion of the trek offers stunning view of Nam Sai and Nam Cang Valleys as well as chances to understand life of tribal peoples in remote land.
– Leaving Nam Than for an hour through wild land dotting with terraced fields, bamboo forest…Lunch break.
– Continue for 2, 5 hours in the afternoon along the same trail passing through the land of Suoi Thau Commune to Sin Chai B Village of the Red Zao. Check in home-stay, having a short rest and enjoy an easy walk to explore this charming and quiet village.
Day summary: Trekking 5 hours, approx 15 km. Grade 3 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 6: Sin Chai B – Nam Lang A – Nam Lang B – Ta Thang – Lao Cai (B; L; -)
– Breakfast and leave Sin Chai B at about 08.30. Trek along a narrow dirt trail for ½ hour to the bottom of the valley and gradually uphill for nearly 2 hours to Nam Lang A and then continue to Nam Lang B, the 2 village of the Red Zao. Enjoying several visiting to local homes for learning more fact about the life and way of living of the Red Zao. Lunch break at Nam Lang B.
– Following a large and rocky road for ½ hour to the top of the mountain range, then the trek gradually getting downhill to Nam Ket Village of the Red Zao and the Tay.
– Continue along the same trail downhill for nearly 2 hours to Ta Thang Village which offers wide view of the Red River Valley which runs through the Bao Yen District.
– Picked up at Ta Thang for an hour road transfer to Lao Cai. Here clients may relax and take the night train to Hanoi or transfer for another hours uphill back to Sapa.Transfer to Lao Cai station, having dinner here before boarding the night train for Hanoi.
Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day summary: Trek: 6 to 7 hours approx 18 km // Grade 3/5 // Transfer 1 hour.
Day 7: Arrival back to Hanoi
Arrival back to Hanoi early in the morning at about 05.00. Transfer from Hanoi Railway station to your hotel will be arranged by yourself..
We have a range of trekking tours available for you to choose from that have been specifically designed to enable you to experience some of the very best landscape and scenery that Vietnam has to offer. During the treks you will have the opportunity to sleep under the stars in a tent or in a local family house.
Most of our treks start with a jeep ride to take us out of town to where the real adventure starts. Your English speaking, Vietnamese guide will be able to answer questions about the countryside as well as local ethnic minority cultures and customs. During the treks you will only have to carry a small daypack with your personal belongings and of course your camera. Porters from the Black H’Mong ethnic minority hill tribe will carry the rest of your luggage in special watertight bags.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.