Sapa Trekking from Hoang Lien National Park to Nam Sai Valley 5days
Hanoi – Laocai – Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Seo Mi Ty – Den Thang – Ta Trung Ho – Nam Ngan – Nam Sang – Ban Sai – My Son – Nam Toong – Thanh Phu Bridge – Sapa – Hanoi
Highlights Spectacular landscapes of the Hoang Lien mountain range and Hoang Lien national park. Unique culture, custom and way of living of the H’mong, Zao, Tay ethnics. Two nights home stay in remote villages of the Zao and Tay ethnic for local life experiences
• English or French speaking guide
• Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Train ticket (Hanoi – Laocai -Hanoi)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Tents if needed
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above.
Night 1: Hanoi – Laocai. Overnight train.
You will be met up at your hotel in Hanoi by TLV Tours team and transferred to Hanoi Railway Station.Take the night train to Laocai. Train ??? Departure at ???. Overnight on the train.Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day 1: Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Seo Mi Ty (-; L; D)
– Departure at 08.30 heading southwards along the paved road for 3 km and then turn right to a dirt path 1 hour gradually downhill to the Muong Hoa River. Magnificent view of Hoang Lien mountain range and Sapa Valley. Cross the river by suspension bridge, then uphill along narrow village path for nearly 2 hours through Y Linh Ho and onto Lao Hang Chai Village of the Black H’mong. Explore several small & isolated hamlet along the way.
– After lunch break, the trail gets narrower & tougher while getting through thick rain forest of the Hoang Lien nature reserve for 2,5 hours. Wild and rich nature! Arriving to Seo Mi Ty Village in late afternoon. Explore this remote village of the H’mong and free time to relax by the stream near the newly built hydraulic power station.
Day summary: Transfer: 0 // Trek: 6 – 7 hours aprox. 17 km // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay or camping.
Day 2: Seo Mi Ty – Den Thang – Ta Trung Ho (B; L; D)
– It is a great adventure today! Be ready to explore the remotest land of Sapa.
– Breakfast and leave Sep Mi Ty at 08.30. Easy walk for 20 minutes and then trekking 2 hours along a tougher trail winding downhill through thick rain forest to Den Thang village which isolated itself in a remote valley. Explore this village and then lunch break.
– Leaving this isolated hamlet, the trail continuing along a narrow stream up and downhill through the wildest land of Sapa for about 4 hours to Ta Trung Ho Village of the Red Zao.
– Arriving to home stay at Ta Trung Ho at about 5.00 pm. Explore the village, getting in touch to locals. This is a special occasion to both visitors and locals.
Day summary: Trek: 6 – 7 hours approx. 16 km // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 3: Ta Trung Ho – Nam Ngan – Nam Sang – Ban Sai (B; L; D)
– Breakfast at home stay and leave Ta Trung Ho at 08.30 am. Challenging along a narrow dirt trail sneaking on steep hill sides through narrow & sharp canyon from the height of 950 m up to nearly 1,500m for the whole morning. Lunch break at the top of the mountain in the forest.
– Then following the same trail downhill for 1,5 hour through the forest to Nam Ngan Village of the Red Zao. Walk around to explore this quiet and charming village. Then following larger dirt path 1 hour downhill to Nam Sang Village of the Xa Pho peoples. Paying visiting to local homes here for interesting discovery of the unique way of living. The Xa Pho is a sub group of the Phu La ethnic whose population is just about 4,000 in Vietnam and still live a primary way.
– Walk through Nam Sai Valley for 1.2 hour, and walk around this prosperous village of the Tay before settle for home stay.
Day summary: Trek: 6 hours approx. 16 km // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 4: Ban Sai – My Son – Nam Toong – Thanh Phu Bridge – Sapa (B; L; -)
– Breakfast and leave Ban Sai at 09.00 am. Walking along the large rocky path for an hour to My Son, a newly formed village of the Xa Pho peoples aftera terrible landslide in 2000. Then continue a long a narrow dirt trail for 1 hour to the other side of the valley to the former location of the Nam Keeng Villages with traces of the many landslides along the way which can help clients to know more about the very hard life of local peoples.
– Arriving to Nam Toong Village of the Red Zao at noon. Lunch break and then walk around the village to get in touch with the villagers.
– Descending nearly 2 hours to Thanh Phu Bridge. Picked up and transfer back to Sapa.Transfer to Lao Cai station, having dinner here before boarding the night train for Hanoi.
Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day summary: Trekking 5 hours, approx 14 km, grade 3 of 5 // Road transfer 28 km.
Day 5: Arrival back to Hanoi
Arrival back to Hanoi early in the morning at about 05.00. Transfer from Hanoi Railway station to your hotel will be arranged by yourself..
We have a range of trekking tours available for you to choose from that have been specifically designed to enable you to experience some of the very best landscape and scenery that Vietnam has to offer. During the treks you will have the opportunity to sleep under the stars in a tent or in a local family house.
Most of our treks start with a jeep ride to take us out of town to where the real adventure starts. Your English speaking, Vietnamese guide will be able to answer questions about the countryside as well as local ethnic minority cultures and customs. During the treks you will only have to carry a small daypack with your personal belongings and of course your camera. Porters from the Black H’Mong ethnic minority hill tribe will carry the rest of your luggage in special watertight bags.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.