Sapa trekking in remote villages to Lao Cai 4days
Hanoi – Laocai – Sapa – Nam Toong – Nam Sang – Ban Sai – Nam Than – Nam Nhiu – Sin Chai – Nam Lang A – Nam Lang B – Ta Thang – Lao Cai
Highlights Spectacular landscapes of the Hoang Lien mountain range, Nam Sai Valley. Unique culture, custom and way of living of the H’mong, Zao, Tay and Xa Pho ethnics. Two nights home stay in villages of the Zao and Tay ethnic for local life experiences.
• English or French speaking guide
• Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Train ticket (Hanoi – Laocai -Hanoi)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Tents if needed
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above.
Night 1: Hanoi – Laocai. Overnight train.
You will be met up at your hotel in Hanoi by TLV Tours team and transferred to Hanoi Railway Station.Take the night train to Laocai. Train ??? Departure at ???. Overnight on the train.Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day 1: Sapa – Nam Toong – Nam Sang – Ban Sai (-; L; D)
– Leaving Sapa at 09.00 am. Transfer 1 hour(26 km) to Thanh Phu Bridge. Some stops along the way for stunning scenery of Hoang Lien mountain range and Muong Hoa Valley.
– The trek start from a suspension bridge uphill along a large path for 1,5 hour to Nam Toong Village of the Red Zao. Walking around to explore the village as well as paying visiting to local homes for understanding local way of living.
– Continue trekking uphill for 3 hours along a narrow trail to Nam Keeng and Nam Sang Village where the Xa Pho peoples live. Walking through the village for an hour to learn a lot about the interesting way of living of this small sub group of the Phu La tribal ethnic.
– Walk through Nam Sai Valley ½ hour. Arriving to the Ban Sai Village in mid afternoon, spend the rest hours of the day to explore this large village of the Tay Ethnic.
Day summary: Transfer 1 hour for 26 km // Trekking 5 – 6 hours, approx 16 km. Grade 3 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 2: Ban Sai – Nam Than – Nam Nhiu – Sin Chai B (B; L; D)
– Breakfast and leave Ban Sai at about 09.00 am. Trekking along a large & good path uphill to Nam Nhiu Village of the Red Zao and then continue along a dirt path for 1,5 hour to Nam Than Village of the Red Zao and Black H’mong. This portion of the trek offers stunning view of Nam Sai and Nam Cang Valleys as well as chances to understand life of tribal peoples in remote land.
– Leaving Nam Than for an hour through wild land dotting with terraced fields, bamboo forest…Lunch break.
– Continue for 2, 5 hours in the afternoon along the same trail passing through the land of Suoi Thau Commune to Sin Chai B Village of the Red Zao. Check in home-stay, having a short rest and enjoy an easy walk to explore this charming and quiet village.
Day summary: Trekking 5 hours, approx 15 km. Grade 3 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 3: Sin Chai B – Nam Lang A – Nam Lang B – Ta Thang – Lao Cai (B; L; -)
– Breakfast and leave Sin Chai B at about 08.30. Trek along a narrow dirt trail for ½ hour to the bottom of the valley and gradually uphill for nearly 2 hours to Nam Lang A and then continue to Nam Lang B, the 2 village of the Red Zao. Enjoying several visiting to local homes for learning more fact about the life and way of living of the Red Zao. Lunch break at Nam Lang B.
– Following a large and rocky road for ½ hour to the top of the mountain range, then the trek gradually getting downhill to Nam Ket Village of the Red Zao and the Tay.
– Continue along the same trail downhill for nearly 2 hours to Ta Thang Village which offers wide view of the Red River Valley which runs through the Bao Yen District.
– Picked up at Ta Thang for an hour road transfer to Lao Cai. Here clients may relax and take the night train to Hanoi or transfer for another hours uphill back to Sapa. Transfer to Lao Cai station, having dinner here before boarding the night train for Hanoi.
Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day summary: Trek: 6 to 7 hours approx 18 km.. Grade 3/5/ Breakfast at home stay / Lunch on the way/dinner at home stay / Transfer 1 hour.
Day 4: Arrival back to Hanoi
Arrival back to Hanoi early in the morning at about 05.00. Transfer from Hanoi Railway station to your hotel will be arranged by yourself..
We have a range of trekking tours available for you to choose from that have been specifically designed to enable you to experience some of the very best landscape and scenery that Vietnam has to offer. During the treks you will have the opportunity to sleep under the stars in a tent or in a local family house.
Most of our treks start with a jeep ride to take us out of town to where the real adventure starts. Your English speaking, Vietnamese guide will be able to answer questions about the countryside as well as local ethnic minority cultures and customs. During the treks you will only have to carry a small daypack with your personal belongings and of course your camera. Porters from the Black H’Mong ethnic minority hill tribe will carry the rest of your luggage in special watertight bags.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.