Sapa Vietnam Hiking in Mountain World along The Border Line 7days
Hanoi – Laocai – Lung Khau Nhin – Na Cap – Na Vang – Coc Re – Khuan Pung – Ban me – Quan Than San – Ta Van Chu – Lau Thi Ngai – Bac Ha – Nam Mon – Coc Cai – Trung Do – Bao Nhai – Lao cai
Highlights Spectacular landscapes of the rugged mountain terrain along the border with China Contacting tribal peoples living in an untouched region to discover their unique culture and way of life as well as experiencing local hospitality. Attending the Bac Ha traditional market.
• English or French speaking guide
• Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Train ticket (Hanoi – Laocai -Hanoi)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Tents if needed
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above.
Night 1: Hanoi – Laocai. Overnight train.
You will be met up at your hotel in Hanoi by TLV Tours team and transferred to Hanoi Railway Station.Take the night train to Laocai. Train ??? Departure at ???. Overnight on the train.Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day 1: Lao cai – Lung Khau Nhin – Na Cap (-, L, D)
– Welcomed upon early arrival at Lao Cai station at about 05.30 to 06.00 am, short walk to a restaurant nearby for freshen up and then breakfast.
– Group meeting for regional information and tour brief as well as clearing formality for traveling through the border region.
– Leave Lao Cai at about 08.30 for a 38 km road transfer to the Ban Khuong Bridge in Thanh Binh Commune. Trekking along a large path uphill for 1,5 hours to Ta Thien A Village of the Flower H’mong. Paying visit to some local homes and a village school here. Continue for another hour uphill to Thai Giang Chai Village of the Zao Tien peoples. Explore the village and then lunch break.
– Ascending for half an hour after lunch to the hill top and gradually downhill over an hour to the center of Lung Khau Nhin Commune. Follow the village path for 2 hours to Na Cap Village of the Nung. Walking to explore this village which over looking down to the Chay River for the rest of the afternoon.
Day summary: Transfer 38 km // Trekking 5 hours, approx.15 km // Grade 2 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 2: Na Cap – Na Vang – Coc Re – Khuan Pung – Ban me (B, L, D)
– Leaving Na Cap at about 08.30 to 9.00 am. Trekking along a single dirt trail downhill 2 hours via Na Vang Village of the Nung, then through burnt-over land and terraced paddies to Chay River. Cross the river by boat to the other bank. Enjoy a long break before ascending along a narrow dirt trail up steep hill for 1,5 hour( slope: 15% to 35% from 270m to 600m) to Coc Re Village of the Flower H’mong. Explore the village and then lunch break.
– The trek in the afternoon is easier as the trail winds its way on high hill sides for over 1 hour offering great view of the magnificent valley along the Chay River, passing Khuan Pung village of the Zao and Nung. Reaching to the top at 671m in mid afternoon and then easy walk for 2 hours descending to Sin Chai Village, Ban Me Commune. Arrival to home stay at about 5.00 pm. Relax and free walk to explore this charming village.
Day summary: Transfer 0 // Trekking 6 to 7 hours, approx.18 km // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 3: Ban me – Quan Than San (B, L, D)
– Breakfast and departure at 08.30. Trek uphill for the whole morning. The trail is narrow and steep, some parts are really tough. But the surrounding nature and landscapes is perfect. Passing several hamlets of the Flower H’mong, enjoy contacting with local peoples who probably have ever met western visitors before. Lunch break near a hill-top.
– Afternoon trek makes a cut through the Man Than Commune southeastwards up and down hill for 1,5 hour until arriving to narrow valley. From here trekking along a trail running on hill side along the valley for another 1,5 passing some small villages of the Nung and Flower H’mong to the home stay at the southern edge of Quan Than San Commune. Arriving at the home stay at a hamlet of the Flower H’mong at about 05.00 pm. Dinner and then relax.
Day summary: Transfer 0 // Trekking 6 hours, approx.18 km // Grade 3 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 4: Quan Than San – Ta Van Chu – Lau Thi Ngai – Bac Ha (B, L, D)
– Beakfast and then leaving Quan Than San at 09.00 am. The first portion of the trek is easy for about 2 hours along the large and rocky path, mostly downhill to the center of the neighboring commune: Ta Van Chu. In a dry day, the group may leave the main path at some sections to make short cut through thick rain forest. Then the trail goes uphill the Thang Sin mountain range, passing some isolated hamlets of the Flower H’mong. Arrival to the top at noon and enjoy lunch break for an hour.
– Afternoon trek is easier as the path gradually descend to the large valley of Lau Thi Ngai Commune and later along a narrow stream through this stunning valley towards Bac Ha passing several hamlets of the Folwer H’mong and later of the Tay villages which look prosperous thanks to plump gardens.
– Arriving in Bac Ha in late afternoon, check in the Sao Mai hotel. Dinner and free walk to explore Bac Ha town let.
Day summary: Transfer 0 // Trekking 6 to 7 hours, approx.18 km // Grade 3 of 5 // Sao Mai hotel.
Day 5: Bac Ha Sunday market – Trekking to Nam Mon (B, L, D)
– Breakfast at Sao Mai hotel and then enjoy the full morning to attend the famous Sunday Market in Bac Ha which offers a chance for experiencing and understanding spiritual life of the local tribal peoples living in this remote land of the far north.
– Lunch in a local restaurant and then check out hotel at 1.30 pm.
– Trekking the whole afternoon from Bac Ha through Na Hoi village of the Tay to Coc Cai Village of the Flower H’mong in Nam Mon Commune. Arriving to home stay at about 5.00 pm and free to explore this charming village.
Day summary: Transfer 0 // Trekking 3,5 hours, approx. 12 km // Grade 2 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 6: Coc Cai – Trung Do – Bao Nhai – Lao cai (B, L, -)
– Today is the last day of the trip and it is an easy day. Breakfast and leave home stay at 08.30 am to follow a narrow trail uphill for ½ hour and then downhill to the bottom of the valley, then trek along a narrow stream about 2 hour to Trung Do Village of the Tay which consisted of about 40 houses built on stilts on the bank of the Chay River which is beautifully set in harmony with the surrounding nature. Enjoy a leisure walk to explore this prosperous village before lunch in a local home.
– Leaving Trung Do and walk along the Chay River for over an hour to pay visiting to some hamlets of the Black Zao and H’mong of the Cac Cop Village and from here takes the boat trip down stream the Chay River to Bao Nhai Commune.
– Picked up at the end of the boat trip and transfer to Lao Cai. Freshen up and dinner before boarding the night train for Hanoi.
Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day summary: Transfer 45 // Trekking 4,5 hours, approx. 12 km // Grade 2 of 5 // Boat trip 1,5 hours.
Day 7: Arrival back to Hanoi
Arrival back to Hanoi early in the morning at about 05.00. Transfer from Hanoi Railway station to your hotel will be arranged by yourself..
We have a range of trekking tours available for you to choose from that have been specifically designed to enable you to experience some of the very best landscape and scenery that Vietnam has to offer. During the treks you will have the opportunity to sleep under the stars in a tent or in a local family house.
Most of our treks start with a jeep ride to take us out of town to where the real adventure starts. Your English speaking, Vietnamese guide will be able to answer questions about the countryside as well as local ethnic minority cultures and customs. During the treks you will only have to carry a small daypack with your personal belongings and of course your camera. Porters from the Black H’Mong ethnic minority hill tribe will carry the rest of your luggage in special watertight bags.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.