Trekking Bac Ha and Ha Giang Miraculous Land 8days
Highlight: Hanoi – Lao Cai – Bac Ha – Hiking – Quan Hoa – Lu Suoi Tung Village – Ta Cu Ty Village – Sung Ngam Village – Nam Dan commune – Nam Nhung Village – Nam Choong Village – Quang Nguyen – Cao Son – Trung Son – Tan Minh – Ho Thau – Ho Xan – Nam Son – Panhouse Every Sunday, Bac Ha hosts the biggest fair near the mountainous highlands and the Chinese border. It is the largest and most colourful market in the area and attracts throngs of villagers from the surrounding hill tribes. Some walk several hours for the weekly opportunity to trade and barter food, animals, clothes and household goods. 80km from Sapa, Bac Ha Market is not only the place for buying and selling, but also a place for cultural and sentiment exchanging. On the market days, right from the early morning, all paths and mountain roads are full of people and horses pouring to the market. People usually sit in groups around a soup pan (“thang co”) eating and chatting. Many different ethnic groups such as Flower H’mong, Phu La, Black Dao, Tay and Nung minorities gather to buy and sell local products that cannot be found elsewhere. The market was very crowded, local products for sale or barter are carried on horseback. Besides the usual items like pigs, cows, chickens, and ducks, Bac Ha Market sold dogs. As dogs were available as cuts of meat, they were also available live, right next to the live pigs, chickens, and other livestock. There was a brisk trade at the market for everything from hand-embroidered skirts to all manner of 4-legged animals. The “fresh” meat section is not for the faint of heart and might steer more than a few visitors in the direction of strict vegetarianism.
• English or French speaking guide
• Porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Train ticket ( soft sleeper cabin for 4 passengers)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 pax)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above
Day 1: Hanoi – Lao Cai
The first night, guide and car pick you up from your hotel in Hanoi , transfer to Hanoi Station for LC5 Train, soft sleeper, AC. Overnight on train
Day 2: Lao Cai – Regional Market of ethnic minority – Bac Ha (B;L;-)
– Arrive at Lao Cai station early in the morning. Welcomed by tour guide, freshen up and breakfast.
– Transfer by road to one of the famous regional markets: Coc Ly or Ban Cam on Tuesday; Cao Son on Wednesday; Lung Khau Nhin on Thursday; Can Cau on Saturday; Bac Ha on Sunday.
– Spend about 3 hours joining local ethnic peoples at the market place where tribal peoples in their best traditional costumes come not only for shopping but also for socializing.
– Transfer to Bac Ha Town Let, check in the Sao Mai hotel for a short rest.
– The rest of the afternoon is set for a leisure walk around the stunning Ban Pho Valley.
* Depending on different market, transfer may takes from 2,5 hours to 4 hours. 1,5 hour easy walk.
* Accommodation: Sao Mai hotel (standard)
Day 3: Bac Ha – Quan Hoa – Lu Suoi Tung Village – Ta Cu Ty Village(B;L;D)
– Transfer for ½ hour from Bac Ha Town to Lung Phin Commune with several photo stops along the way.
– Trekking for 2,5 along a narrow trail on steep hillsides through Quan Hoa hamlet to Lu Suoi Tung village of the Flower H’mong.
– Lunch break
– Trekking uphill for 1,5 hour through the forest to the top of Ta Cu Ty Mountain range(hard trek) and then downhill for 2 hours to Ta Cu Ty village of the Zao and Tay ethnic peoples.
* 30 minutes transfer. 6 hours trekking(1/3 hard trek and 2/3 medium trek).
* Paying visit to homes of the Flower H’mong, Zao and Tay ethnic peoples.
* Accommodation: Home stay in stilt house of the Tay peoples.
Day 4: Ta Cu Ty – Sung Ngam Village – Nam Dan commune (B;L;D)
– Leaving Ta Cu Ty for a medium trek the whole morning along a large path with great view of the Ban Gia valley to Sung Ngam village of the Nung ethnic peoples.
– Lunch break
– Following a narrow footpath with challenging for about 3 hours(hard trek) up and downhill the Nam Dan mountain through the thick forest.
– Suddenly the panorama view of the Nam Chien valley open wide in the sight as the trail process downhill to Nam Dan village of the Nung ethnic peoples. Paying visiting to the famous rock-field with scripts carved by ancient peoples.
* 7 hours trekking(1/2 hard trek and 1/2 medium trek).
* Paying visit to homes of the Zao and Nung ethnic peoples.
* Accommodation: Three options for choices:
1 – Home stay in stilt house of the Nung peoples.
2 – Gia Long hotel in Xin Man Town let.
3 – At an eco site set amongst thick forest near the top of Gio mountain pass.
Day 5: Nam Dan – Nam Nhung Village – Nam Choong Village (B;L;D)
– Transfer along a paved road over the Gio mountain pass to the southern side of the mountain.
– 3 hours easy trekking through Nam Nhung village of the Tay and Zao peoples along the narrow valley of the Nam Ty River.
– Lunch break
– Cross the river by suspension bridge to the southern bank, uphill to Quang Thuong Village and then downhill to Nam Choong village of the Zao peoples which is beautifully set on the bank of Nam Ty river, endowed with a mineral hot spring.
* 6 hours trekking(1/2 easy trek and 1/2 medium trek).
* Paying visit to homes of the Tay and Zao ethnic peoples.
* Accommodation: Stay overnight in a house on stilt built near the mineral hot spring.
* Tip of the day: bathing in the warm mineral water.
Day 6: Nam Choong Village – Quang Nguyen – Cao Son – Trung Son – Tan Minh (B;L;D)
– Today is the most interesting day of the whole trip for the superb natural scenery which changes after every quarter trekking but is also the greatest challenge so far.
– Trekking for almost the whole day uphill the Chieu Lung Thi mountain range from Nam Ly valley to Cao Son Village of the H’mong and Zao, continuing through the thick forest to Trung Son Village of the Nung peoples and then to Tan Minh village of the Zao peoples.
– Picnic lunch along the way
* 6 to 7 hours trekking(3/4 hard trek up and down hill and 1/4 medium trek).
* Paying visit to homes of the H’mong, Zao and Nung ethnic peoples.
* Accommodation: Home stay at Tan Minh Village in the home of the Red Zao peoples.
Day 7: Tan Minh – Ho Thau – Ho Xan – Nam Son – Panhouse (B,L;D)
– It is an easy day today. The trail gets mostly downhill which offer marvelous view of the Ho Thau Valley.
– 3 hours trekking from Tan Minh Village to the center of Ho Thau commune and then continuing to Ho Xan, Xin Chai village of the Zao and Nung peoples.
– Picnic lunch break by the Nam Dich River.
– Crossing the river, take a leisure walk along the southern bank of the river and then along a stunning valley through the Doan Ket village of Nam Son Commune for nearly 3 hour.
– Picked up and then transfer to Thong Nguyen commune (Panhouse eco site)
* 5 to 6 hours trekking(3/4 easy trek up and down hill and 1/4 medium trek). Transfer from ½ to 1 hour.
* Paying visit to homes of the Zao, Nung and Tay ethnic peoples.
* Accommodation: At the Panhouse eco site or Nam An eco-site.
Day 8: Panhouse – Ha Noi (B;L;-)
– Full day transfer for 280 km along national road 2 to Ha Noi with photo stops along the way.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.