Vietnam Hiking From Dien Bien Phu to Sin Ho and Sapa 9days
Hanoi – Dien Bien Phu – Muong Lay – Chan Nua – Tu Co Phin – Ta San – Nam Pe – Nam Ngoi – Nam Ngap – Nam Tam – Lai Chau – Binh Lu – Sapa – Lao Cai – Hanoi
Highlights Magnificent and marvelous landscapes of the remote north west, Sin Ho and Sapa high land. Discover unique culture and amazing way of life of tribal ethnic peoples living in the northwest Vietnam. Historical significance of the Dien Bien Phu
• English or French speaking guide
• Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Train ticket (Laocai -Hanoi)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Tents if needed
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above.
Day1: Hanoi – Dien Bien Phu
Morning transfer pick up at airport for short flight to Dien Bien Phu. Upon Arrival you are meet TLV Tours Guide then transfer to Hotel, Overnight in Dien Bien Phu
Day 2: Dien Bien Phu – Muong Lay(-, -, – )
Day summary: Transfer: 104 km // Hotel: Lan Anh 1 – not included, booked by partner.
Note: GTT provides vehicle & tour guide for this day only. All other services: meals & acc arranged by partner.
Day 3: Muong Lay – Chan Nua – Tu Co Phin (-, L, D)
– Transfer 23 km from Muong Lay to Chan Nua. Start trekking from Chan Nua bridge along a dirt track upstream a stream for nearly an hour, then winding amongst terraced rice fields, the trail gets narrower as the trek processes uphill for 6 hours to Tu Co Phin Village in Lang Mo Commune.
– Arrival to the village at about 4.00 pm, relax and then explore this large village of the Flower H’mong which consists of nearly 100 families scattering around a flat valley surrounded by high mountains.
Day summary: Transfer: 25 km // Trekking 6 – 7 hours // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 4: Tu Co Phin – Ta San – Nam Pe (B, L, D)
– Breakfast and then leave Tu Co Phin 08.30. Follow a dirt road downhill for 20 minutes to a hamlet of the White H’mong. After paying visit to this isolated hamlet, the trek continue along a narrow trail down the valley to Ta San another hamlet of the White H’mong. Then getting through rice paddies and a piece of lush forest, hop up and down the sharp rocks for 1,5 hours to Ta San 2 village of the Black Zao, explore this hamlet and then lunch break.
– Afternoon trek last for 3 hours through dried rice fields on hill-slope, wild banana, bamboo forest before getting through a village of Flower H’mong.
– Continue downhill the steep path to Nam Pe River and arriving to home-stay at Nam Pe Village of the Black Zao. The rest of the afternoon is for free walk around the village.
Day summary: Transfer: 0 km // Trekking 6 – 7 hours // Grade 4 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 5: Nam Pe – Nam Ngoi – Nam Ngap(B, L, D)
– Leaving Nam Pe after Breakfast along a narrow dirt trail winding its way upstream the Nam Pe River for nearly an hour and then uphill through corn and dry fields for 2,5 hour to the hill-top. Then downhill for an hour to Seo Phin village of the Black Zao. Paying visit to local homes and then lunch break.
– Leaving Seo Phin for half an hour and then downhill for over two hours through rice paddies to the center of Nam Ngap Commune via Nam Ngoi village.
– The rest hours of the afternoon is for relax.
Day summary: Transfer: 0 km // Trekking 6 hours // Grade 3 of 5 // Home stay.
Day 6: Nam Ngap – Nam Tam – Lai Chau (B, L, -)
– Leaving Nam Ngap at about 08.30 through a narrow and long valley for 2,5 hours with a river crossing an upstream part of the Black River to Nam Tam Village of the Thai.
– Picked up for a three-hour road transfer to Lai Chau Town with several stops along the way for stunning scenery of the Sin Ho highland and the Phong Tho Valley.
– Arriving to Lai Chau at about 1,30 pm, lunh and then check in the Muong Thanh hotel.
Day summary: Transfer: 75 km // Trekking 2,5 – 3 hours // Grade 2 of 5 // Hotel in Lai Chau.
Day 7: Lai Chau – Binh Lu – Sapa (B, L, -)
– It is an easy day today. Breakfast, check out hotel at 9.00 for transfer to Sapa. The first hour of the road ride offers stunning scenery of the Phong Tho Valley, Giang Ma mountain Pass and the lush Binh Lu Valley. There will be some stops along the way before taking a long break at Binh Lu Town let for having a quick look at Binh Lu Market where the Lu, Lao and Red H’mong often comes every morning.
– Then continue along road 4D uphiil the Hoang Lien Son Mountain range for 1,5 hor to Tram Ton Pass. Enjoy a long break here for magnificent landscape before transferring downhill for 20 km to Sapa Town.
– Lunch upon arrival to Sapa at noon and then enjoying 3 hours in the afternoon walking around Sapa town, the famous former French hill-station.
– Option: Transfer for an hour along the Muong Hoa Valley to Topas Eco-lodge for staying overnight.
Day summary: Transfer: 75 km // Walking 2 hours around Sapa // Grade 1 of 5 // Hotel in Sapa.
Day8: Sapa – Lao Cai – Hanoi
morning have free time until Transfer to Lao Cai station, having dinner here before boarding the night train for Hanoi.
Acc: On the train in 4 bed cabins with A/C.
Day 9: Arrival back to Hanoi
Arrival back to Hanoi early in the morning at about 05.00. Transfer from Hanoi Railway station to your hotel will be arranged by yourself..
We have a range of trekking tours available for you to choose from that have been specifically designed to enable you to experience some of the very best landscape and scenery that Vietnam has to offer. During the treks you will have the opportunity to sleep under the stars in a tent or in a local family house.
Most of our treks start with a jeep ride to take us out of town to where the real adventure starts. Your English speaking, Vietnamese guide will be able to answer questions about the countryside as well as local ethnic minority cultures and customs. During the treks you will only have to carry a small daypack with your personal belongings and of course your camera. Porters from the Black H’Mong ethnic minority hill tribe will carry the rest of your luggage in special watertight bags.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.Etc…
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration.Etc…
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.Etc…
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.Etc…
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.Etc…
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
All of the portion of the tour are private (unless otherwise stated): airport pick up, guided tour, etc. Price is based on 2 people travelling together so if you are a single person, the price may differ. We place a strong focus on both individualized experience and value for money – so please enjoy your tour booking process with us with peace of mind.